How to Make Your Eyes Look Younger
Published on July 22, 2014 by Advanced Plastic Surgery Center
Eyes are the first place that really show your age. Here are some tips on how to keep your eyes healthy and looking their best!
- Wear sunglasses. The combination of constantly squinting your eyes and damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun can speed up aging and cause wrinkles in the eye area. Purchase a pair of sunglasses with protection from both kinds of rays and make sure they are big enough to cover the area
- Longer lashes. Provide the illusion of larger eyes, which promote a youthful appearance. To preserve the length of your lashes, be gentle with them. Don’t tug or pull at them when using an eyelash curler. If your lashes need a little extra help, give Latisse a try. Latisse promotes lash growth, resulting in lashes that are thick and luxurious.
- Be preventative. Botox and fillers can dramatically improve the appearance of the eye area without surgery. This adds volume to the area and provides support and lift to smooth out lines and wrinkles. Using injectables can also help slow down the development of additional lines and wrinkles by reducing muscle movement.
- Remove your makeup every night. Removing makeup at night is really important to keep lashes full and to avoid getting any premature wrinkles. The stiffness of mascara can cause your lashes to break while you sleep
- Sleepy looking eyes got you down? Apply white eye shadow to the inner corner of your eyes and extend your regular eye shadow past the outer natural crease of the eye. The result is a fresh, wide awake, and well rested appearance.
- Double check your eye cream. Believe it or not, not all eye creams provide the same level of protection and correction. Most do plump or hydrate but are lacking key anti-aging ingredients. Look for eye creams that cover the whole spectrum. Elastiderm eyecream by Obagi provide lasting and research proven reversal anti-aging benefits.