Body Lift Newark
Tissue elasticity can be lost over time in the thigh, buttocks, and abdominal regions due to the natural aging process, pregnancy, changes in weight or damage from the sun. A body lift is a great way to re-shape the body by getting rid of excess fat and sagging skin.
Invasive cosmetic surgical procedure that improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissues that support the skin and fat. Excess skin and fat are removed in the procedure and improve the wrinkled and uneven skin surface with correction of folds and creases.
- Abdominal area – locally or extending around both sides onto the lower back area
- Gluteal region
- Thighs – front, back, inner, outer
Arm Lift Overview
A physical examination will be performed, and any pertinent medical history will be collected prior to the procedure. You’ll also be told about certain medications and substances that you need to stop taking before the body lift procedure.
The procedure for a body lift begins with the administration of general anesthesia. For a full lower body lift, incisions are made at the waist or slightly below it, with their pattern and length depending on how much of excess skin is going to be removed. An incision around the body is used for the removal of excess fat and skin. The remaining tissue is repositioned and tightened. Underlying tissues are supported by deep sutures and the incisions are closed using sutures.
After your body lift surgery, your incisions will be dressed and bandaged. Tubes may also be placed to drain out any excess fluids from the area. You’ll be instructed on how best to care for yourself while recovering.
Visible results are immediate but the final results may take up to two years. Some visible scars will remain but overall results are long lasting as long as stable weight and good nutrition is maintained. As you age, it is natural for the body to lose some firmness. It may not be possible to achieve optimal results with just one single procedure and another surgery may be necessary.
While a body lift can remove irregularities from the surface of the skin, it is not primarily a procedure meant for excess fat removal.
Body Lift Candidates
- individuals with significant skin looseness in one or multiple body areas after significant weight loss especially seen after gastric bypass procedures or natural weight loss with diet and exercise
- those who have been able to maintain a stable weight for minimum 6 months
- healthy individuals without medical conditions that adversely affect healing or increased risk of surgery
- individuals who have realistic expectations and positive attitude
- individuals committed to leading healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition
Schedule A Consultation
If you feel you are a good candidate for a body lift procedure, please contact your board-certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation. You’ll get all the assistance you need on what the procedure involves, how you can prepare for it, and how to prepare for your recovery after your body lift.