Mini Tummy Tuck Newark
A mini tummy tuck is a popular option for giving the stomach a flatter and fitter appearance. Compared to a full tummy tuck, a mini tummy tuck is able to provide noticeable results with a shorter recovery. At Advanced Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Chang and our team of medical experts have been able to provide numerous patients with amazing results from their mini tummy tuck in Newark.
Mini tummy tuck is essentially the same as a regular tummy tuck except for the following
- shorter incision and thus a shorter scar
- less lower abdominal skin is removed and therefore, potentially shorter recovery and fewer complications such as seroma (fluid pocket) formation
- the belly button (umbilicus) is untouched except there may be a subtle downward pull shape change or in the case of an “umbilical float ” technique procedure, the belly button is detached from underneath and repositioned into a lower position in order to achieve a more “smoother” skin closure
- in a mini tummy tuck, the same benefits of muscle tightening of the “diastasis rectus muscles” and contour liposuction can be delivered as seen with a full tummy tuck
Ideal candidate for mini tummy tuck
- normal body weight BMI <30
- bulging abdomen from loose abdominal muscles (“rectus diastasis”)
- modest excess skin
- realistic expectations
For more information on tummy tuck, please read other dedicated section
Mini Tummy Recovery
There will be some bruising and swelling around the stomach that will subside after several days of recovery. There should be minimal discomfort that can be managed with medication. The recovery period for a mini tummy tuck is shorter and less painful than the recovery following a traditional tummy tuck. Our team will provide you with a list of post-operative instructions.
Mini Tummy Tuck Cost
The cost of your mini tummy tuck in Newark can be discussed during your consultation at Advanced Plastic Surgery Center. Cost will be based on the amount of work needed to provide the patients with their ideal results and other factors. Dr. Chang can go over the payment options we accept.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are bothered by the saggy appearance of your stomach and would like to know if you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck, contact Advanced Plastic Surgery Center in Newark today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Lawrence Chang is a board-certified cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery of the body. Dr. Chang can provide you with the personalized surgical care you need.