Dermal fillers including Restylane®, Perlane®, Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Belotero injections are all a clear liquid gel, a non-animal based hyaluronic acid (a natural sugar compound). They replace lost volume and restore a more youthful contour to the face. Depending on the concentration of hyaluronic acid and molecule size, each filler is suited for different purposes in volume restoration of the face.
Filler key points:
- Smoothing wrinkles, diminishing worry lines, smile lines, and lip lines
- Sculpt and add volume to lips
- Used for deeper folds, depressions and to improve other facial features
- No downtime but expect bruising and swelling
- Results are immediate and last for 6 – 18 months depending on site of injection and product used
Here is a little guidance as to which filler is appropriate for specific areas:
- Larger and Deeper folds, lack of volume in cheek area: Perlane, Juvederm Ultra Plus
- Smaller Wrinkles, under the eye (tear trough) and lip areas: Restylane, and Juvederm Ultra.
- Fine lines: Botox